It is true that there are a huge number of cookies to choose from across the city in corner shops, supermarkets and bakery chains. Yet, mass-produced in factories and packed with conservatives, these cookies are often lacking in flavour, hard and dry. In a sea of industrially made cookies, Sabrina brings us her lovingly made, artisanal sweet treats of the highest quality. From the cookie pizzas to the edible cookie dough, every day Sabrina and her team of COOKONA helpers handmake all products to ensure that they are fresh, soft and mouth-wateringly delicious for their customers. As the cookies are freshly-made daily only a certain amount are produced in order to avoid throwing them away at closing time.
With the objective of being as natural as possible, Sabrina ensures that her cookies are free from conservatives and artificial colourings. For example, COOKONA’s red velvet cookies are coloured with beetroot powder and the green matcha cookie is made with real matcha, which is a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves.
Now, through experimentation with flavours and ingredients, Sabrina is excited to announce the creation of a new product - a brownie topped with chocolate chip cookie dough and ganache. Below, she shares with you her simple brownie recipe so you can try your hand at making your own.
COOKONA’s Special BROWNIE Recipe
250g of butter
10g coconut oil
180g brown sugar
250g white sugar
4 large free range eggs
10g vanilla essence
120g 100% pure cacao
270g dark chocolate
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
- Heat the butter in the oven for three minutes until liquid.
- Mix together the butter, coconut oil, brown and white sugar, eggs and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Add the flour, cacao, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Separately heat the dark chocolate until liquid and then add into the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the mixture into a baking dish and cook in the oven at 175 degrees celcius for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool before eating.